Return and Cancellation Policy
Last revised: February 17, 2022
Return Material Authorization
At Sloan®, our goal is to ensure our customers are satisfied with their purchase. Our products are manufactured under the highest quality standards and are all backed by a limited warranty. If a product is found defective prior to or during installation, Sloan may issue a return material authorization (RMA) number and credit in exchange for the defective product.
Should the customer require a part to repair a product, the part should not be taken from another finished good unit. Refer the customer to Sloan Technical Support at 1-888-SLOAN14 (1-888-756-2614) or via email at email@example.com. Parts in stock are usually sent out within 24 hours and customers will receive parts within 3 to 7 business days.
For non-inventoried items lead times may vary. Parts that are needed sooner will be handled on a per case basis.
If, after contacting Technical Support, the determination is made that a product cannot be serviced, a return and credit may be requested from the place of purchase. Credits will only be issued to a current Sloan distributor.
Upon receipt of the returned product, Sloan will inspect and test the product prior to issuing credit. Credit may be denied under the following conditions:
- The product returned does not match the RMA
- The returned unit is missing components
- The returned unit has been cannibalized
- The returned unit is out of the warranty period
- The product has been damaged via field service or installation
- The returned unit is not manufactured by Sloan
- The product is not defective
If a product is defective, the customer must include with its request for an RMA a specific description of the defect. For example, ‘Doesn’t work’ is not acceptable. ‘Faucet not activating’ would be a more appropriate description. If no apparent defect is found, the customer may be contacted to clarify the reason for the return.
Do not initiate a debit memo or make any deductions. Wait for a credit memo to be issued. As described above, full credit may be denied in some circumstances.
All Other Return Reasons and General Return Information:
- If the product is not received by Sloan within 30 days of creating the RMA, the RMA will expire.
- Credit is usually processed within 15 business days of product receipt
- Products which are determined to be defective or shipped incorrectly by Sloan will be credited at invoice price in addition to the return freight charge. Products returned for reasons other than defects or Sloan errors are subject to a minimum 25% handling charge, return freight is at customer’s expense. If the invoice is not available, then credit will be issued based on the previous price sheet if the price sheet is less than one year old.
- All returns must be authorized by the factory prior to returning. The factory will issue an RMA number along with correct return address.
- The RMA number must be visible on the outside of each carton being returned.
- All order cancellations and returns of special finish products NOT included in the Special Finishes Section of the price list are considered special order items and are subject to a minimum 50% handling charge and must be returned within one year, original invoice required.
- Custom sink orders are not returnable. For more detail refer to Sink Cancellation and Return Policy below.
- All returned material should be returned in the original, unopened shipping cartons or suitably packed. The material is to be packaged such that it will not be damaged during the return.
- Material over 2 years old is subject to a 50% handling charge. Any product over 3 years old will not be accepted.
- Deductions will be made for any material returned that is not in saleable condition. Material not in saleable condition will be returned to customer or scrapped at customer request.
- When material is to be returned, call your representative, who will contact the factory for an RMA number. The following information is necessary when requesting an RMA: Invoice Number
Product Code Number Product Part Number Product Date Code Quantity
- Material returned as defective but, after inspection, is found serviceable, will be returned to the customer at their expense or scrapped with no credit issued. A test report will be available upon request.
- All returns are to be freight prepaid
- The RMA number must be on each load and each container
Sink Cancellation and Return Policy
AER-DEC® and Designer Series Cancellation Policy:
In the event of an order cancellation of AER-DEC® and Designer Series products the following may apply:
-If the order is cancelled more than 5 working days from order placement it will result in a minimum of a 25% fee, up to the full price of that product.
-If the order is 5 working days or less from scheduled shipment any cancelations will result in a fee of the full price of the sink.
SloanStone® Cancellation Policy:
In the event of an order cancellation of a SloanStone® product the following may apply:
-The order must be cancelled within 3 working days of order placement to avoid a fee, anything beyond 3 days may result in a fee up to 50% the price of the product.
Stainless Steel Sinks Cancellation Policy:
In the event of an order cancellation of a Stainless Steel Sink product the following may apply:
-The order must be cancelled within 5 working days of order placement, anything beyond 5 days may result in a fee up to 50% the price of the product.
Return Policy All Sink Models:
The following items apply to all sink models:
-Sinks and enclosures / brackets / supports cannot be returned once shipped. If components (faucets, soap dispensers, hand dryers) have not been opened they can be returned for partial credit.
Sloan requires all sinks to be installed by knowledgeable †Corian® or Quartz installers. Installation and/or field measurement is not included in this estimate, and is performed by others. Installation must be performed by qualified personnel and in accordance with installation instructions and generally accepted industry practices. Incorrect or improper installation will void any product warranty. Any standard sinks over 120” will need to be seamed in the field during installation. For custom sinks refer to signed drawings packet to see if seaming will be required. If seaming is required and you’d prefer to purchase the seaming material/epoxy from Sloan ask your Sloan representative about ordering details.
Sloan products using solid surface (SloanStone® and Corian®) and quartz slabs may vary in color by slab/lot, because of this there may be a slight variation between orders. Variation can also occur in grain, veins and surface finish both between lots/slabs and even within the same lot/slab. While Sloan takes the utmost caution to match and orient these products in such a way that these imperfections add to the aesthetic value of the product, Sloan will not be held responsible for this variation. For any warranty issues Sloan reserves the right to repair solid surface sinks.
Signed Document Submittal:
Sloan requires a signed architectural worksheet or signed drawing (if applicable) to place an order. Any order placed without submission of these documents will be subject to an order hold that will extend any previously agreed upon lead time commitments. Once the documents are received the order will be reinstated and an updated ship date will be provided.
Sink Claim Process:
For all Sloan Sinks if you receive a damaged sink or suspect damage (crate broken, etc.) please send the below information to: firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 working days of receipt of sinks to be considered for a full credit replacement sink. Incomplete claims and/or late claims will not be eligible for full credit replacement sinks. You must keep all materials and original packaging, including cartons and contents, segregated and available for inspection until the claim resolution process is completed. If the claim is for full replacement value, and the claim is successfully paid, the carrier has the right to the cargo and may elect to collect it for sale or salvage to recoup a portion of their costs.
Information to be provided:
- Specific description of the issue (i.e. damage, lost, shortage) and the value of the claim being filed. For a damage claim, provide as much detail as possible specifically describing the damage to the product.
- Account Number
- Customer Name, Customer Contact Name, Customer Address, Customer Phone Number
- Signed copy of carrier bill of lading, or delivery receipt from recipient (copy should be signed by receiver noting that the cargo was short or damaged when delivered) and photos.
- Sloan Delivery Number and/or Sales Order Number
- Copies of all documentation related to proof of claim value. This can be a copy of original invoice from vendor or supplier, copy of retail invoice or receipt, final confirmation screen if online order with proof of payment, itemized repair invoice or statement of non-repair, appraisals, expense statement, or any other applicable documentation.
- Copy of any inspection form that may have been completed noting damage and cost of repair.
- Copies of any photos showing damage.
If you have a shortage (missing soap dispenser, etc.) please contact Sloan’s customer service. Please have ready your order number and the item name and quantity that you are missing.
† Corian® is a registered trademark of DuPont Safety & Construction, Inc., an affiliate of DuPont de Nemours, Inc.