Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, many educational institutions and live entertainment venues have realized that touch-free restrooms are essential to making their public spaces more hygienic.
What facilities may not have realized is that there are several ways to access Coronavirus Relief Stimulus Funding to improve and update their restrooms with touch-free products. This funding can help facilities both purchase and install touch-free restroom products for a more hygienic environment.
Our comprehensive guide to Coronavirus Relief Stimulus Funding offers numerous resources to explore. (You can also watch this recent webinar.) Here’s a quick overview.
Coronavirus Relief Stimulus Funding for Educational Institutions
There are three major channels for educational institutions to apply for Coronavirus Relief Stimulus Funding:
- K-12 facilities receiving Title 1 funding can apply to ESSER (Elementary and Secondary School Relief Fund) for repairs and improvements to reduce the risk of virus transmission and exposure to environmental health hazards, and to support student health needs.
- Higher education facilities receiving Pell Grants can apply to HEER (Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund) for non-permanent changes.
- Local Education Agencies (LEAs) can apply to GEER (Governors Emergency Education Relief Fund) for projects that facilitate remote learning, re-opening, and safe operation. These grants go to organizations that are most in need, at the discretion of each state’s governor.
Coronavirus Relief Stimulus Funding for Entertainment Venues
No industry has been impacted more severely by the pandemic than entertainment venues. These organizations may qualify for an SVO (Shuttered Venue Operating Grant) to cover ordinary and necessary business expenses, including maintenance costs and capital expenditures, to facilitate qualified adaptation of business activities.
Eligible facilities and organizations include:
- Live venue operators or promoters
- Theatrical producers
- Live performing arts organization operators
- Relevant museum operators
- Motion picture theatre operators
Several limitations and restrictions apply to these grants—you may find our SVO guide book helpful.
Take Advantage of a Free Facility Audit
To help you navigate the details of these grant applications and decide which restroom options best suit your facilities, we’re happy to offer a free facility audit with your local Sloan rep.
You can even get an online head start on your audit by answering a few questions about the products currently installed in your facilities’ restrooms.
Coronavirus Relief Stimulus Funding can help you upgrade your restrooms with the industry’s broadest selection of touch-free faucets, soap dispensers, hand dryers, and flushometers. These improvements will not only help make your facilities more hygienic—they’ll also highlight your commitment to the wellness of the people who work, study, and perform in them every day.
This is a unique opportunity to deploy public funds to make lasting improvements to your facilities. Sloan stands ready to help you through every step of the process.
Want to take advantage of these government grants to make your restrooms more hygienic? Need recommendations regarding the best options for your facilities? Contact Sloan!
Stay Up to Date
Sign up for the Sloan blog to receive information on the latest trends in commercial building, technology advancements and product updates. It's the leading source of industry news for architects, designers, engineers and contractors.