As disruptive as the global COVID-19 crisis has been for every segment of society, widespread quarantines have given commercial facility managers a rare opportunity: It’s the best time ever to upgrade restrooms with retrofit technology.
Retrofit flushometers improve the hygiene in any commercial restroom all while saving water, time, and money. As facilities reopen, they are an ideal solution. Sloan retrofit flushometers often take only a few minutes to install. Also, Sloan offers the industry’s most complete variety of retrofit touch-free and manual flushometers to meet the elevated hygiene concerns of the COVID-19 era. And many of our easy-to-install products include SaniGuard® or CuVerro® technologies that provide an extra layer of protection from disease-causing pathogens.
Here are ten reasons you should strongly consider upgrading your restrooms with retrofit flushometers right now:
- Many facilities are still closed due to the coronavirus quarantine, so you can upgrade your restrooms now with minimal disruption and have them ready when users return. (Don’t forget to follow specific procedures to properly flush out your buildings’ water systems.)
- Hygiene is now a higher priority for everyone, and retrofitting to touch-free flushometers can make your restrooms significantly more hygienic. Hygiene is especially critical at locations where larger numbers of people may be exposed to germs: hospitals, airports, stadiums, schools, and restaurants.
- Touch-free flushometers provide optimal hygiene, since users never come into contact with them. Sloan is a leader in sensor flushometer technology, and we also offer touch-free faucets, soap dispensers, and hand dryers that ensure maximum hygiene for a total restroom solution.
- Sloan offers a range of easy-to-install sensor flushometer mounting options—including top-mount, side-mount, and over-the-handle—so you have complete flexibility in your upgrade.
- Retrofit flushometers are easy to install. You can often replace your old flushometers with our retrofit models in just a few minutes.
- Manual flushometer handles can be made hygienic, too—and Sloan offers three manual retrofit options with antimicrobial protection and high efficiency.
- CuVerro® flushometer handles kill 99.9% of harmful bacteria*, when cleaned regularly. CuVerro is a unique class of copper that’s the only class of solid surface materials registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to actively kill bacteria*.
- The dual flush UPPERCUT® Flushometer makes water closets more efficient, helping reduce water consumption by up to 30%. And the handle’s antimicrobial coating inhibits the growth of bacteria, too.
- Retrofit flushometers can deliver real water savings. Water efficiency is a top priority for Sloan, and our retrofit flushometers can be specified with flow rates as low as 0.125 gpf (for urinals) and 1.1/1.6 gpf dual flush or 1.28 gpf single flush (for water closets). Lowering your water usage with upgraded flushometers not only saves you money, it’s friendlier to the environment, as well.
- Our new Flushometer Retrofits brochure makes upgrading your flushometers easy with details and installation instructions for 12 different retrofit models that optimize any commercial restroom application.
When people return to your facilities, why not welcome them back from quarantine with more hygienic, more efficient restrooms? Now may be the best opportunity you will ever have to upgrade, and Sloan retrofit flushometers are an easy, affordable way to get started.
*Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, CuVerro surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within 2 hours of exposure: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, E. coli O157:H7, and Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE).
The use of CuVerro® bactericidal copper products is a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those practices related to cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces. This surface has been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but it does not necessarily prevent cross contamination. CuVerro® is a registered trademark of Wieland North America, Inc. and is used with permission.
Contact Sloan to learn more about retrofit technology and other ways you can make hygiene part of your commercial restroom vision.
Stay Up to Date
Sign up for the Sloan blog to receive information on the latest trends in commercial building, technology advancements and product updates. It's the leading source of industry news for architects, designers, engineers and contractors.