In a year dominated by the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s no surprise that restroom hygiene was top of mind for many commercial architects, designers, and engineers along with facility owners and managers. Naturally, many of our most popular blog posts this year addressed retrofits for manual to sensor upgrades, CDC recommended handwashing, and advanced technology that makes restrooms more hygienic.
2020 wasn’t all about germs, however—readers also enjoyed posts about commercial restroom style, the Internet of Things, and gender-inclusive restrooms. Revisit our top blog posts of the year and let us know which are your favorites.
- The Commercial Restroom’s Role in Healthy Hygiene. In this post, Sloan Technical Training Manager Andrew Warnes described how Sloan products eliminate or reduce the number of surfaces a user has to touch across the entire commercial restroom—and how that can inhibit the spread of disease.
- COVID-19 Q&A: A Roundtable with Sloan. In this post, Sloan team members from all areas of the organization shared their thoughts regarding the impact of COVID-19 on the commercial restroom industry—especially on the shift towards touch-free operation.
- Reopening Your Commercial Restroom: Proper Line Purging and Touchless Fixtures. As facilities began to reopen, this post reminded managers that faucets, flushometers, water closets, urinals, and showerheads had to be properly flushed to reduce the serious water safety risks associated with a long period of inactivity.
- Ten Reasons to Upgrade Restrooms with Retrofit Flushometers—Now. Widespread quarantines gave commercial facility managers the opportunity to upgrade their restrooms with minimal disruption. This post detailed how retrofit flushometers improve the hygiene in any commercial restroom while saving water, time, and money.
- Commercial Restroom Reflections: Touch-free Technology is Not a One-size-fits-all Solution. The pandemic led to a rush for all types of facilities to install touch-free products in their restrooms—but different uses call for different features and designs. In this post, several Sloan experts shared their insights on the specific challenges and solutions for different environments.
- Infographic: Commercial Restroom Design Trends. Restrooms have become a showcase for attention-grabbing design in offices, hotels, restaurants, entertainment venues, and even government buildings. This infographic featured four trends setting new standards in commercial restroom design.
- The BASYS® Guided Handwashing Faucet: Five Clear Steps to Better Hygiene. This post introduced the new BASYS Guided Handwashing Faucet, which gives users clear instructions through the five steps of correct handwashing to help ensure everyone who uses your restrooms washes their hands properly.
- Harness the IoT with Our New Restroom of the Future CEU. With many commercial architects and designers enthusiastically embracing digital transformation, technological advancements are changing the way commercial restrooms are designed. This post introduced our popular continuing education course.
- CuVerro® Flushometer Handles: Hygiene Where It Matters Most. Published before the pandemic, this story about our new flushometer handles—made with CuVerro Antimicrobial Copper that actually inhibits the growth of germs—surged in popularity once COVID-19 started making headlines.
- Gender Inclusive Restrooms—When They Make Sense, and How to Do Them Right. Recent social developments regarding gender norms have made gender inclusive restrooms a more likely consideration for commercial building owners, architects, and designers. This post examined the pros and cons of gender-inclusive restrooms and provided guidelines for designing them.
Don’t miss any of our 2021 posts on hygienic, sustainable, and stylish commercial restroom innovation. Subscribe to the Sloan blog today!
Manténgase al Día
Regístrese para recibir notificaciones por correo electrónico y actualizaciones del blog de Sloan