How Smart Bathroom Design Controls the Spread of Hospital Infections
Many patients contract new illnesses from pathogens they contact during their stay. These healthcare-acquired infections (HAIs) occur in every type of facility, and their impact can be devastating:
- On any given day, about one in 25 patients has at least one healthcare-related infection1
- In the most recent studies:
- U.S. hospitals reported 722,000 HAIs
- 75,000 patients with HAIs died during their hospitalizations2
- HAIs cost hospitals $9.8 billion annually3
But HAIs can be prevented—and smart bathroom design can be a big factor in preventing them.