Manual fixtures in commercial restrooms may not be as rare as rotary phones and typewriters, but they’re heading that way.
Commercial facility managers worldwide are replacing manual restroom fixtures with touch-free flushometers or flushometer retrofits, faucets, soap dispensers, and hand dryers in greater numbers than ever before. There are three main reasons for this trend:
- Hands-free sensor-operated commercial restroom fixtures are much more hygienic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has made people far more alert to the importance of hygiene.
- The closure of many buildings due to the pandemic has created a window of time in which facilities can more easily upgrade and retrofit their restrooms.
To help make your transition to a touch-free restroom experience easier, we’ve created a new guide to updating your restroom—whatever type of facility you manage.
Why Now is the Ideal Time to Retrofit to Touch-free
The fewer surfaces people have to touch, the lower the chance they’ll come into contact with a disease-causing microbe. Sloan makes only hands-free commercial restroom faucets because they’re far more hygienic than manual faucets.
Whether you manage a healthcare facility, a hotel, a restaurant, an office building, an entertainment venue, or a school, your restrooms will be far more hygienic with sensor-activated fixtures.
What’s more, people are highly conscious of disease transmission these days, wherever they are—but especially in restrooms. When they visit your facility in the future, they will feel more comfortable when they encounter touch-free restrooms.
Now—when your buildings are closed—is the perfect time to upgrade or retrofit to touch-free restrooms.
Recommendations for Specific Facilities, Price Points, and Applications
Updating from manual to sensor products can cost less and take less time than a full install, and your restrooms will welcome workers, students, and visitors back to a more hygienic environment.
Our new guide for updating to a touch-free restroom gives you recommendations across these diverse types of buildings, with specific facility guides for various price points and applications:
- Commercial buildings (including offices, transportation facilities, schools, and government buildings) can deploy sensor restroom technologies not only to enhance overall hygiene and cleanliness, but also to improve water usage, energy conservation, and user accessibility for ADA compliance. The Commercial Building Guide recommends good, better, and best touch-free product offerings for this building type.
- Construction sites and field hospitals can select from a range of hands-free restroom products, including convenient integrated wash stations and budget-friendly options—all of which improve overall hygiene and ADA-compliant user accessibility. Learn more in the Construction Site Guide.
- Healthcare facilities, where hygiene is paramount, can realize enormous improvements in hygiene with touch-free commercial restroom fixtures. Hospitals and senior or assisted living centers will find a helpful range of sensor-activated options for public areas, staff areas, and patient rooms in the Healthcare Guide.
- Hospitality venues can welcome customers back to a safe, hygienic, optimized restroom experience with touch-free fixtures. Restaurants, hotels, and retail stores can also improve their water usage, energy conservation, and ADA-compliant user accessibility with good, better, and best touch-free product offerings. Learn more from the Hospitality Guide.
Someday in the not-too-distant future, parents may entertain their kids by saying, “When I was your age, you actually had to press a lever to flush the toilet.” Now is the time to make manual restroom fixtures a thing of the past—and we’re here to help you make it happen!
Sloan helps architects, designers, engineers, and building owners build commercial restrooms to the highest standards of hygiene. Like to know more? Talk to Sloan!
Manténgase al Día
Regístrese para recibir notificaciones por correo electrónico y actualizaciones del blog de Sloan