A year after the global COVID-19 pandemic struck, many architects, designers, and engineers began questioning long-held assumptions about commercial restrooms. Why should handwashing be confined to the restroom? Why shouldn’t restrooms be as touch-free as possible? And how do I design for hygiene while keeping style a top priority?
Our collection of top ten blog posts of 2021 answers these questions and more, showcasing innovation at every step of the process—from design and specification to retrofits and solutions beyond the restroom.
Please enjoy revisiting our top blog posts of the year, and let us know which are your favorites.
- The New Sloan Sink Configurator Helps You Explore Real-world Design Possibilities. The range of stylish sink and faucet choices we offer can make it hard to narrow down choices for the right design—until now. This post offered a first look at our new, online Sloan Sink Configurator, and you’ll probably want to try it yourself.
- Infographic: Handwashing Beyond the Restroom. We brought commercial restroom designers and product specialists together to explore ways to meet the public’s renewed demand for hand hygiene with intelligence, pragmatism, and style. See what we came up with!
- Workers Hard to Find? Connected Faucets and Flushometers are Labor-saving Devices. The ongoing labor shortage means fewer employees often have more to do, while having less time to do it. How can employers reduce their workload without reducing their productivity? If your business involves managing a large public facility, your restroom fixtures could be part of the solution.
- The 3 Principles that Will Guide 2021 Commercial Restroom Designs. Back in January, we spoke with our partners in the industry and predicted the most significant 2021 commercial restroom designs trends. Read the post and see how we did!
- Commercial Restroom Reflections: The Right Time for a Touch-free Retrofit. In this post, Sloan Technical Training Manager Andrew Warnes discussed how the COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the need for touch-free restroom retrofits and shared different considerations for installing them based on the building environment.
- 3 Steps to Simplify Your Commercial Restroom Design Process. At Sloan, we believe it should be simple for you to organize your ideas, assemble proposals, and share them with others. This post shared three advanced tools that help you do exactly that.
- Sloan’s Inclusive ADA-compliant Mobile Handwashing Stations—All Day, Everywhere. Since we introduced the Sloan Mobile Handwashing Station, it’s been a hit everywhere from schools and offices to shopping malls and sports arenas. People love being able to wash their hands without having to visit a restroom—and our new ADA-compliant version means even more people can experience hand hygiene anywhere.
- How Should You Power Your New Sloan Touch-free Faucets? Our Expert Answers. If you’ve made the decision to upgrade from manual to touch-free faucets, your next question might be, “What’s the best way to power sensor-operated faucets?” In this post, Sloan Technical Training Manager Andrew Warnes ranks power options along a spectrum of good, better, and best.
- Three Places Sloan is Helping Baseball Make a Hygienic Comeback. We’re huge baseball fans at Sloan, and we have close partnerships with three MLB teams. This post examined how our partners prepared to keep fans and players healthy during the first full season since the onset of COVID-19.
- Infographic: A Street Map of Chicago Style. Here’s a graphic tour of our Collections—complete, customizable product solutions named after famous Chicago streets to honor our home town. With instant access to hi-res images, specification sheets, and BIM/CAD files, Collections can offer the creative head-start you need.
Don’t miss any of our 2022 posts on commercial restroom hygiene, sustainability, innovation, and style.
Manténgase al Día
Regístrese para recibir notificaciones por correo electrónico y actualizaciones del blog de Sloan